Anaesthesia services are an integral and essential part of surgical service provision. The Department of Anaesthesiology is dedicated to excellent patient care, resident education and research. Pain management is integral part of anaesthesia. The clinical goals of our department are to enhance patient care by focusing on pain management intraoperatively and post operatively and pain management during labour. We have established labour analgesia in MNSC especially for those patients who needed the service, and we tend to include more patients for labour analgesia.
NAMS (National Academy of Medical Sciences) is continuing the MD anaesthesia programme and MD anaesthesia residents are posted for one month obstetrics anaesthesia posting in first year and three months in second year.
The Anaesthesia Assistant Course under NAMS for HA, OA and Staff Nurses started in this hospital from 2063 BS especially targeting to reduce the maternal mortality and morbidity by providing anaesthesia services for BEOC and CEOC in various health institutions of the country. This AAC training of one year under NAMS has been running in our hospital along with other 2 hospitals in Kathmandu.
Along with our advancement in clinical care and research in last year, we continued to provide the most comprehensive and educational experience to the students mostly about regional anaesthesia in obstetrics patients as well as other modes of anaesthesia in gynaecological and obstetric patients.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tara Gurung, Senior Consultant Anaesthesiologist
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sangeeta Shrestha, Senior Consultant Anaesthesiologist
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Ujjwal Basnet, Consultant Anaesthesiologist
- Dr. Mukesh Kumar, Registrar, MD Anesthesiologist
- Dr. Pramee Bajracharya, Registrar, MD Anaesthesiologist
- Dr. Aashish Dhital, Registrar, MD Anaesthesiologist
- Dr .Manju Maharjan, MD Anaesthesiologist
- Dr. Rajesh Prajapati, MD Anaesthesiologist
- Dr. Rajesh Desar, MD Anaesthesiologist
- Dr. Alan Amatya, MD Anaesthesiologist
- Pre anaesthetic check-up (PAC) daily for elective surgeries as an outdoor service.
- Anaesthesia for elective gynaecological and obstetrics surgeries 6 days a week.
- Anaesthesia for emergency surgeries round the clock, 7 days a week.
- Labour analgesia for demanding parturient.
- Maternity Intensive Care (MICU)
- Entertains emergency calls for resuscitations and CPR from different wards.